Friday, June 26, 2009

June 26, 2009

June 26, Friday

This morning I woke up at 830 am, all on my own. The earliest I've woken up in a while. S came over around 10 am and we walked and walked and took a psycho taxi who wouldn't turn on his meter again, then we walked some more until we finally went to the coffee shop right next to her house where we used to always chat on the internet together. Kind of nostalgic and sentimental. We've been talking about 7 months now, and first met in real life back in February. After we had breakfast we walked around her area. There is a great big soccer stadium with a track inside. It's pretty awesome. I also ventured into my first velodrome where they race those sprint bicycles. S showed me where "Big C" super market is and then we sat out front and talked for about half an hour. She told me about how at home in Bahrain she has to have body guards follow her around everywhere because of the position her father is in. He has some important role in the government, and her name is famous there. Oh, we also talked about how Michael Jackson died.

I went home and waited for the washing machine guys and internet guys. When the internet guy never came I did stair well sprints to the top of the building. It's 23 stories high. It took me 2:20 each time. Pretty sad! I'll try to get that time down as I get more fit. Then I walked around the roof and had a really nice view of the city. It's almost unbelievable how many super tall buildings there are in this city. Although now that I think of it, Moscow is probably just as big and crazy.

I met up with G again and we went map shopping. I've wanted to find a really big map of Bangkok, and I found it! :) We ate dinner and she gave me a really good lesson on Thai language. We wondered around and I got some amazing Japanese frozen yogurt style ice cream. The chocolate was so so rich! I was in heaven. She showed me the design library at the top of the mall, and we found a really cool store with designer products. I just got home.

-the next day. I ended up going out with S to Khao San road. That place is crazy! It's totally dirty nasty Thailand but completely overrun with foreign tourists. Not sure I ever want to go there again. These white people were kept looking at me and I think they thought that S was a prostitute because she looked amazing and that I was just some random sex tourist that was going to hook up with her. I forgive them though, I've thought those same thoughts of so many nasty old ugly white men who are making out with 20 year old Thai girls. But do I really look like I can't get a girl like S? I mean, she's a super model, but come on, am I that bad looking that it's like that?

You know, I have to wonder what makes some of the men come here. So many of them are just dirty old men after sex, but I wonder why. S told me a story of a guy in her home Bahrain who was accused of raping this girl he kindly gave a ride home to. He denied the allegations and had a DNA test and such. Well the doctors figured out that this man couldn't have raped the girl because he was found to be sterile and she was pregnant. The problem though is the man has 5 kids. He was devastated because he figured out that his children weren't really his, but his brother's. His brother had 5 children with his wife. So I got to thinking... you know, probably most of these guys are screw ups and just found out how easy it is to get a beautiful girlfriend here, but then there are probably just a few guys who were greatly wronged by people they loved and are heart broken and don't know how else to find love. Anyway you put it, the sex trade here is disgusting and I can't even walk down some streets without getting hassled by several prostitutes.

I'm watching women's' doubles badminton right now on tv. It's making me laugh. Really tall lanky white girls smacking a shuttlecock back and forth at lightning speeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment