Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 27, 2009

June 27, Saturday

This morning I met up with S early and we went to a little Japanese sashimi shop. We talked about her family and what her next move is going to be, if she's going to model in Beijing or just wait until her contract in NYC starts. We walked around Sukhumvit looking for apartments. I really need to change my apartment. It smells bad, there is no hot water, and there is almost no water pressure. It's hot, there are cockroaches. I'm going to cut the list short there. I'm definitely ready to move.

I ended up going to the emporium shops and exploring Sukhumvit 24 looking at apartments. It is a super nice area. I'll decide if I can afford it or not after Cambodia. I had plans to see a movie with G tonight but I had time to kill so I went to an internet cafe. When I was just about to leave it started to rain like CRAZY!!! So I turned around and bought another hour. But the rain didn't stop by then. I was afraid I wouldn't make it to the movie on time, but it started to drizzle and I was able to meet G.

We went to see Transformers 2. Before the movie started we were asked to stand up and shown a clip of the King of Thailand living his life all over the place while the national anthem was played. Kind of an interesting venue to display such a thing. Oh well, we play the national anthem at basketball games and rodeos. But this was a new experience.

After the movie we had to take an Elevator to the parking garage because the mall was closed. So there was a long line to use the elevator. A first for me.

While we were driving to a restaurant to get a late night bite, at a stop sign a guy ran up and cleaned like 1/4 of G's windshield. She paid him and he walked on. 1/4 of her windshield? What an over achiever.

No comments:

Post a Comment